Overstaying Vietnam visa will result in a penalty and also a poor mark in your history in Vietnam with Vietnam Immigration, so we don’t wish you are in this situation. In case you wish to stay in Vietnam longer than your visa length, you may have 02 ways to extend your stay:
- doing visa run, or
- do visa extension without leaving the country.
In the outbreak of Covid-19, the latter is highly recommended as you will:
- avoid the risk of being infected from the crowds,
- avoid the risk of being refused from re-entering Vietnam if you are from/transiting through the virus-affected zones.
Visa Extension/Renewal Requirements
To extend/renew Vietnam visa, your original passport must:
- be valid for at least 06 months from the time of extension/renewal.
- have at least 02 blank pages.
Visa Extension means that you will have a new permission to further stay in Vietnam without leaving and reentering the country. By this action, you will get an extension stamp on your passport indicating your new stay duration.
Note: The extended visa is good for single entry only.
Renew visa means that you are granted a new page sticker on your passport as a new visa with the new duration permission. The visa renewal fee is higher than the visa extension fee because you must pay stamping fee and visa sticker fee.
Note: This service is now not offered by the Vietnam Immigration Office. We will keep you updated immediately upon new developments.
Where to Extend Visa in Vietnam
You can have a visa agency to extend your visa in Vietnam or do it on your own at the Vietnam Immigration offices below.
- Hanoi immigration office: 44-46 Tran Phu, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
- Immigration office in Da Nang: 78 Le Loi, Thach Thang, Hai Chau, Da Nang
- Immigration office in Ho Chi Minh City: 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh city
- Working hours: Monday-Friday (Morning: 7am – 11h30am; Afternoon: 1h30pm – 5pm) and Saturday (Morning time only)
How to extend Vietnam visa with Vietnam-evisa.com.vn
In case you use our visa extension service, you only need to go through the following 3 steps to get your visa successfully extended.
- Step 1: Send us soft copy of your passport and the page containing your current Vietnam visa and we will inform whether your visa can be extended or not
- Step 2: Send your original passport to our address and pay the extension fee
- Step 3: Get your passport with extended stay within 8 working days normally or 3 working days in urgent case upon your request
Vietnam Visa Extension Cost and Duration
Currently, Vietnam-evisa.com.vn can assist travelers in Vietnam to:
- extend original visa exemption for up to 3 months;
- extend original 1 month visa (tourist/business) for up to 3 months;
- extend original 3 months visa (tourist/business) for up to 3 months;
- extend original 5 years visa exemption certificate for up to 6 months;
- extend original e-visa for up to 3 months;
- extend 1 year visa for US passport holder (tourist/business) for 3 months.
So, the cost to extend Vietnam visa or how much to extend Vietnam visa will depend on your original visa and also the duration you want to extend. Just feel free to contact us at +220.127.116.1125 or Sales@Vietnam-evisa.com.vn for the quotes.